Friday, September 9, 2011

Congratulations! It's a Travelogue......

That  perpetual yearning to travel (and NOT the Ian Wright way) and that dormant passion for photography finally decided to come together to tango and voilĂ ......."A Room with a View"!  

Here you will find musings and stories and loads of pictures from travels in the past and travels yet to be conceived, pictures which convey their own tales, stories which  conjure up images, notes on encounters with lovely people and incidents/experiences I would rather forget.

I end this little introductory post with a link to some of my favorite memories in pictorial form and a story: 

The photograph , "A Room with a View"  personifies my view of a world from the outside into its inside and is clearly one of my favorites. It is the room where Norway's greatest composer and pianist Edvard Grieg wrote his music. This is where pieces like Solveig's Song, Morgenstimmung, In the Hall of the Mountain King from "Peer Gynt"were born. 

We were on a tour of his estate in Bergen and there it was, this single room away from the main house, locked and ignored by the other visitors. I peered in through the glass doors. And what I saw in the room, illuminated by light from the window which was directly opposite, is what you see here! 


Anupama Tiku Dhar (CAT)

No comments:

Post a Comment